Wednesday, July 13, 2016

•the morning God met me smack dab in the middle of the play kitchen•

Every morning before Ace wakes up, I try to have my quiet time with God. It's my coffee and Jesus time. Today was no exception, except for the fact that I couldn't get my head to keep from spinning. My heart was willing, but my mind was weak with a to-do list that seemed like miles long. I had my time until I had to get

up and get the day started. I felt discouraged and not prepared for the day. But Romans 8:26 tells us,"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words." And boy, does He ever!! 🙏🏻

As I was cooking breakfast, Ace was also preparing breakfast in his kitchen. We had 15 mins left before we had to leave to get him to school, and we were still in PJs and needing to eat. I was stressed and running around like a madman. (Ace is going through this particular phase where he copies everything he sees, both good and bad behaviors. As a parent, we so worry our kids will pick up on our flaws more than our strengths. We are our own worst critics sometimes. And that's something I pray about daily!)

As I announced that breakfast was ready, I heard him joyfully shout, "ready!" pointing to the spread he had also prepared. And when I told him we didn't have much time and ask if he was ready to eat, he replied with,"Wait, wait! Pray."

And so, we prayed over our food, both real and pretend. And I couldn't help but thank God for another teachable moment, when he uses my child as the teacher and me the student. For answered prayers. And for moments of encouragement, when God meets me in that place and let's me know I must be doing something right. Right there in the play kitchen.❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment